RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS INITIATIVES
We are committed to responsible business practices across all areas with a focus on Ethics, Culture, Community and the Environment.
Our Top Ten Commitments include:
- To create a dynamic equilibrium of shared passion and profit by staying true to our core values in ways that deliver greater performance and value for the individual, organisation and planet.
- To create and build a healthy food system which is based on the understanding that food is an essential celebratory and culturally vital component of our lives.
- To continuously strive towards improving our overall carbon footprint through usage of innovative clean and renewable sources, resources and technologies.
- To improve our water footprint impact with emphasis on production, usage and consumption in all areas of operations (including the sourcing and supply chain).
- To do our part by creating a resource efficient built environment by improving and efficiently monitoring our waste (and yours) through zero waste management with emphasis on the circular economy.
- To maintain good indoor air quality (IAQ) in order to improve the health, productivity and comfort of all building occupants.
- To promote a responsible sourcing and procurement program with an emphasis on using transparency and traceability analysis for our supply chain to assist us to improve our adverse ecology and social impacts.
- To promote and advocate for low carbon and smart mobility on the basis of its positive and enhanced impact on human conditions, air cleanliness, noise avoidance, use of public space and energy efficiency.
- To create a higher level of self-empowerment through thought leadership – the kind that differentiates you from the competition.
- To create a healthy bottom line by promoting and encouraging evidence based wellness for our guests, hosts, local community and nature, which is fostered through a culture of healthy and active lifestyles.
Edwardian Hotels London is deeply committed to the global task of creating a better future for us and generations to come. We continuously review and evolve our practices, partnerships and behaviours to fulfil our ambition to become an industry ambassador for sustainability. It’s in our best interest to promise our guests, delegates and staff a clear environmental conscience when engaging with us.
The group’s head of responsible business oversees initiatives that reduce the use of energy, minimise carbon footprint and water and food wastage across our properties. Our sustainable mission is reviewed annually through a Responsible Business Report, and monthly meetings are held to facilitate crossdepartmental collaborations that align with UN Sustainable Development Goals, International Tourism Partnership Goals and The Mayoral Commitment.
We are committed to supporting a number of charities each year, many of which are within our local communities. We offer support through the skills of our employees and the business’ own resources. We also provide an access fund for our staff each month, which allows them to nominate a charity which is close to their heart to support.
We are delighted to be the official corporate fundraising partner to Cancer Research UK, with funds raised by the wider company going to the Francis Crick Institute in London, a world-leading centre of biomedical research and innovation.
The Modern Slavery Act 2015
In giving effect to our commitment to corporate social responsibility, we aim to act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships. By doing so, we also intend to avoid any involvement of ourselves or our suppliers in slavery and human trafficking.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. We act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and undertake appropriate due diligence to identify and assess potential risk areas and mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring.